Drug: Placebo / Fully functional toothpaste containing no immunotherapy agents
- history of severe anaphylaxis to peanut, defined as hypoxia, hypotension, or
neurologic compromise (cyanosis or oxygen saturations < 92% at any stage, hypotension,
confusion, collapse, loss of consciousness, or incontinence)
- significant medical condition (e.g., liver, kidney, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular,
hematologic, or pulmonary disease) which would make the subject unsuitable for
induction of food reactions
- eosinophilic or other inflammatory (e.g. celiac) gastrointestinal disease
- psychiatric disorders that the investigator believes will interfere with study
- uncontrolled asthma, defined by at least one of the following conditions
- - fev1 <80% of predicted, or ratio of fev1 to forced vital capacity (fev1/fvc)
<75% of predicted, with or without controller medications.
- - inhaled corticosteroids (ics) dosing of >500mcg daily fluticasone (or
equivalent ics based on nhlbi dosing chart.
- - one hospitalization in the past year for asthma
- - an er visit for asthma within six months prior to screening
- planned dental surgery during from screening until study exit
- moderate or advanced periodontal disease.
- current pregnancy or lactating
The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Information may not constitute the most up-to-date trial information. Read our disclaimer for details.